The outlined process below is employed for both Towne Housing owned & managed properties. We ask that each applicant review and complete the process below to be considered for tenancy. Questions regarding the process may be directed to our management team by calling or messaging us on the “Contact Us” webpage.
Step 1 – Interested?
Identify an apartment of interest on social media, craigslist, MLS, online.
Step 2 – Apply Online
Complete an online application at www.townehousing.com/application
Step 3 – First Communication
Once your application is received you will be contacted to setup a property viewing. The person who contacts you will handle the showing. Please feel free to email any questions you have prior to the showing. The representative may have questions for you regarding your application and may also require proof of income at this time.
Step 4 – Property Viewing & Supporting Documents
At this step in the process you will meet in person with the company representative/ property manager. Please be sure to have all who apply present at this showing. Failure to do so may result in loss of the unit.
Once seen, if you are still interested you will be required to supply us with:
- Proof of income (2 most recent pay stubs)
- Proof of Renters insurance (If required for pets)
- Pet documentation (if applicable)
- Contact information for previous landlords if not yet submitted
Step 5 – Decision
Some additional information may be required at this time based on the information submitted.
You will then be contacted by the company representative regarding our decision.
Step 6 – If Approved
A meeting will be arranged to complete the following:
- Signing of Lease Agreement
- Signing of pertinent documents (Lead Based Paint Disclosure, Smoke Detector Agreement & Pet Agreement [if applicable])
- Payments to be made. PLEASE NOTE – KEYS WILL NOT BE GIVEN UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS MADE.
- Receive keys & necessary access information.
- Any last minute questions may be asked at this time.